Table of Contents
The Secret To £100k a Year
I started making YouTube videos in my final year of medical school at Cambridge University. It was Summer 2017 and I started off with 0 views, 0 subscribers and $0 in revenue.
18 months later, my YouTube channel was at 100,000 subscribers and was making as much money as my full-time job working as a doctor in the UK. And now, as of May 2022, my channel has over 3 million subscribers and I make over £100,000 ($130k) each month from it (and over $350,000 per month from the business as a whole), with 5-10 hours of effort each week. I know — it’s bloody ridiculous.
The crazy thing is, I could’ve done all of this twice as fast.
In fact, I’ve made a bunch of mistakes and I almost quit after a few short months into my creative journey. I was tired from working full-time as a junior doctor, my YouTube revenue was trickling in, and I thought outsourcing the boring, time-consuming, stuff was totally unachievable.
But, this all changed when I discovered something really important about being a creator:
It’s not all that different from running a business.
And the strategies, tools, and principles that work in business can also be used to help us find success with our own creative side hustle. That’s it. That’s the secret.
The Challenges of Being a Creator
Here’s something to remember about being a creator: it’s never easy. And even when you start to make some money from your creative side hustle, things don’t magically get easier. Very often, your problems just compound:
- Your passion project starts to feel like another chore you have to do. It’s no longer the exciting hobby that you originally created.
- Your hard work isn’t translating into growth. Regardless of how much time and energy you put into it, things are slow.
- You find that it takes a long time to produce and distribute new content, which is stressful when you’ve got a ton of other commitments.
- Your income is inconsistent, so your dream of doing this full time is still just a distant hope and feels uncertain.
And despite your best efforts to face up to all these challenges (and a lot more), you live in fear that it could all come crumbling down at any moment.
Like, what if your audience loses interest in your content? Or, what if the algorithm changes and you lose all your traffic?
It’s hard being a creator.
But, it’s also a lot of fun. When you’re working on the stuff you’re passionate about, grow consistently, and make a decent amount of money along the way, being a creator is genuinely life-changing.
Businesses have been solving many of the same problems creators face for decades. All we need to do is explore the different ways businesses have learnt to optimise, strategise, and systematise their operations and apply what works to our own creative side hustle.
This may sound too simple. But, just take a minute to think about the similarities between businesses and creators. Like creators, businesses need to…
Constantly improve their workflow and efficiency to deliver a high quality output.
Identify the force multipliers that reduce costs, boost productivity, and allow them to maintain a competitive advantage.
Build systems to reduce friction, increase throughput, and optimise the quality + quantity of what they produce.
Increase their cashflow by seamlessly pricing, marketing, and selling products/services to their target audience.
Leverage people to maximise growth and make their output sustainable in the long-term.
Build a Team
Hire a motivated and passionate team that believes in their goals, values, and mission.
Basically, your creative side hustle is a BUSINESS. And the sooner you recognise it, the easier it becomes to achieve sustainable growth, make money, and properly enjoy the process.
I admit it took me way too long to spot the connection. But there’s no reason you need to make the same mistakes I did.
By the end of the course…
- You’ll rekindle your passion for creativity by discovering strategies (like the Hedgehog Concept) that direct your creative energy to the things that excite & inspire you.
- You’ll learn how to create consistent content your audience loves by building a system that removes workflow friction and delivers maximum value.
- You’ll understand the various monetisation options available to creators and discover how to sell your products/services using an effortless sales strategy.
- You’ll have a method for pricing your products/services and a seamless way to take your audience from passive consumers to active buyers.
- You’ll understand how to amplify your income by creating revenue streams that scale and consistently generate passive income, so you can spend more time working on the things you love.
- You’ll know the value of building a team as early as possible in your creative journey, and how you can leverage people to achieve your creative goals faster.
And eventually you’ll have the freedom to quit your job, do this creator thing full time, and spend each day working on the creative projects that inspire you. That’s the dream, right?
What’s in the Course?
The Part-Time Creatorpreneur course is a self-paced online course, with 6+ hours of content across 40+ lessons, where you’ll learn everything there is to know about transforming your creative side-hustle into a sustainable operation that’s highly profitable, hugely scalable, and ridiculously fun.
In particular, we’ll be taking a deep dive into the principles, strategies, and tools businesses use to achieve consistent and sustainable growth, giving you a bunch of actionable + timeless insights you can use immediately to supercharge your creative projects.
- Learn how to strategise effectively and build systems for growth.
- Define your creative goals.
- Find your niche.
- Identify your target audience.
- Analyse your competition.
- Build your competitive advantage.
- Create your plan.
- Know when to pivot.
- Learn to leverage systems for consistent creative output.
- Discover how to improve your systems.
- Learn how to make decent, regular, and sustainable money as a creator.
- Offer incredible value to your audience.
- Build your sales funnel for effortless sales.
- Create a lead magnet to get more buyers.
- Decide what product or service to sell.
- Price your product or service appropriately.
- Deliver a high-quality product or service.
- Diversify your revenue streams to increase cashflow.
- Scale your revenue streams to maximise cashflow.
- Learn how to outsource and find the right person for the job.
- Learn why you should hire someone today.
- Decide if you need a freelancer or a full-time employee.
- Discover the best time to hire.
- Hire A-players for your creative business.
- Build a team of happy and motivated people.
- Manage your team efficiently and effectively.
The Creator Playbook
In addition to the core course content, you’ll also have access to The Creator Playbook, which is a Notion-based workbook containing a summary of the course content and space to complete lesson-by-lesson exercises to immediately put your learning into practice.
If you prefer, you’ll also have access to complete these exercises directly on the course pages themselves using our course worksheets. That way, you can decide what works best for you.
Signing up to this course also gives you access to a few bonus resources:
- Bonus Lessons – over time we’ll be adding new and updated content to the course, including exclusive interviews with other creators and bonus lessons that will help you to improve your creative business.
- Community – grow your creative side-hustle with other creative individuals in our exclusive Creatorpreneur community.
- The Creatorpreneur Newsletter – join our newsletter, where we’ll share bonus content, exclusive offers, and other valuable information for creators that you’re guaranteed to love.
Who is this course for?
- Income-Generating Creators
You already have a creative side hustle that generates some decent money, whether it’s a YouTube channel, a blog, a podcast, or something else.
But growth is slow and things are starting to plateau. It’s particularly hard to consistently pump out decent content and enjoy the process when you feel stressed by all your other commitments.
You’d love to find a way to grow as a creator and make it more fun, without sacrificing precious time with friends and family. The dream would be to have more time and energy to enjoy every aspect of your life, take your creativity to the next level, and one day do this creator thing full-time.
- Serious Beginners
You have a hobby that now makes you some money. You didn’t really expect to find yourself in this position, but you kinda enjoy it and want to see how far you can take it.
The issue is you’re really not too sure what you’re doing. Although you’re having fun (which is always important), you don’t really have any decent strategy to systematise your processes and strengthen your revenue streams. And it all just seems a little bit intimidating.
But you’re willing to put in the hard work. You love what you do and recognise that learning how to scale up your passion project into a creative empire is the next logical step towards your dream of doing this full-time.
Who is this course NOT for?
- Creative Newcomers
If you’re looking to start a creative side hustle (like YouTube, a personal website, or something like that), but haven’t actually started yet, then this course isn’t for you.
My advice for the creative newcomer is to just begin creating. There’s no other way when you’re just setting off in your creative journey. The more you create the better you get and there’s honestly no better teacher than experience.
- Creative Hobbyists
Even if you’ve started your creative side hustle, this course isn’t designed for people who are looking to treat it like a hobby.
If you’re still at the stage of getting your creative processes sorted, or more generally feel like this is going to be something you do for fun, then this isn’t for you.
If you eventually decide to scale up, then we’d love to have you back. But until then, feel free to just enjoy your creative side hustle as a hobby
Other than that, if you’re looking for a magic bullet that’ll cause your side hustle to grow without any effort and hoping for some get-rich-quick scheme, then you’re looking in the wrong place. That’s not how things work. There are no guarantees of growth and there are a huge number of factors that contribute to your ‘success’.
All I can promise is if you put in the work and begin treating your creative side hustle more like a business, your life is going to change. You’ll make more money, you’ll create more content, you’ll work with some incredible people, and you’ll love every second of it.